Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Hope You Dance

Most of you have probably heard the song by Lee Ann Womack called "I Hope You Dance." I remember hearing it a lot when it first came out and singing along to it when it would play, but I don't know if I ever really thought about the words.
My friend gave me a little book that is based on this song. It has the words to the song, but it also goes more in depth with each line. I love it & because I love it so much, I want to share part of it with you.

"I hope you never lose your sense of wonder"
What is hope?
To want? To desire? To expect that what's envisioned may indeed happen?
YES to all of the above.
Is hope that gut feeling that it's worth holding out and hanging on for just a little longer?
Absolutely.
Is hope the core of the human condition?
Certainly.
Can you have hope without faith and humility and wonder?
That's tough.
Just the thought that there's something bigger, something truer, something totally surprising out there waiting for us is...priceless.

What would you be without hope growing deep in your bones, thriving in every inch of you?
Nothing.

What does it take to hope?
Everything.

8 comments:

lauren brimley said...

I love that song. It is so inspiring!

Jessi said...

Hi, I found your blog on 20sb. It's so cute, I love the layout.

And I love that song as well.

Olya said...

youve got some great inspirational pictures on your blog!
thanks for posting them!
XOXO, Olya

www.theate-olya.blogspot.com

dennica pearl said...

adore that song.

thanks for the inspiration :D

im a new follower.


<3 dennica pearl
- through the eyes of a pearl
- vintage shop

Holly said...

WHat a great song! My favorite part is about feeling small when you stand beside the ocean. Love it and completely forgot about it! Thanks for bringing it back! :)

Kate Weber said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing. I love that song, it makes me smile/cry every time I listen to it.

Cindy said...

I love that song too.

MissEmy said...

Beautiful song! :)